Paid Internship for Ecology, Forestry, Biology (or similar) Student, NPS, Washington DC
Certified Arborists/Sales, Falls Church, VA, RTEC
This individual will work with the administrative and production staff to suggest and oversee completion of the best course of action for client’s trees and landscape. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- 1.Meeting with clients to access their trees/landscape, address any issue or concerns they have, and educate them on proper, sustainable tree care.
- 2.Writing proposals detailing suggested arboriculture/horticulture procedures and prices.
- 3.Following up with clients to move the proposal approval process along.
- 4.Working with the customer to close the deal in different, and possibly unique, ways.
- 5.Providing a high level of customer service and open communication to all clients.
- 6.Scheduling approved work to be completed in the most efficient, timely manner.
- 7.Cold-calling or experimenting with new lead generation ideas when necessary.
- 8.Working with the marketing department when technical expertise is needed for promotional materials and blog post.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- ISA Certified Arborist, or can acquire
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Green Industry
- Excellent Work Ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to work within the guidelines of the organization
- Forward thinking and ability to multi-task
- Computer/IPad/IPhone proficiency
- Good Driving Record
Established in 1996, we are one of the DC metro area’s leading tree service providers. Recognized by Homeland Security and the recipient of 11 excellence in arboriculture awards, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with 100% satisfaction.
Our motto is “doing the right thing for people, trees, and the environment.” This motto can be seen in every interaction we have or decision we make whether it is involving clients, industry professionals, or our own employees. Our culture and performance have positioned our company as one of the area’s leading tree service providers. Here at RTEC we provide:
- A safe, stable, and dependable work environment
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Independence and flexibility
- A high tech work environment that embraces new technologies and changes in industry procedures
- Training and career advancement opportunities
- Recognition and rewards for exceptional performance
- Excellent administration support to make your job easier
Tree Climber/Arborist, Richmond, VA, The Country Club of Virginia
Successful candidates must be able to learn, understand, and adhere to all safety rules and company safety policies. This position requires accurate knowledge of tree felling, advanced tree climbing techniques, and advanced rigging experience while in the air. The Tree Climber will perform all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments, as directed by the Lead Arborist.
Education and Experienc:
Schedule: Primarily Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.; on call during snow/ice events; must work Easter Sunday 7- 10 a.m.
To Apply: Visit www.theccv.org and choose “Employment.” Complete the online application in full and attach a resume and cover letter.
Climbers &/or Groundsmen, Leesburg, VA, Arbor Artist, Inc.
Arbor Artist, Inc., a full-service tree care company in Leesburg, VA, is seeking climbers and groundsmen to expand our existing crew. Industry specific experience is preferred but NOT required and training is available. Interested individuals should possess willingness to work hard and a passion for trees. Qualified applicants will be confident with clear communication skills.
Must have valid driver’s license. Class ‘A’ CDL preferred. ISA Certified Arborist preferred.
We provide all equipment required as well as complete training in safety protocols and proper tree care techniques. We offer competitive wages, training reimbursement, insurance reimbursement, paid time off, paid holidays and optional retirement program.
Temporary housing options available for qualified candidates until permanent arrangements can be made.